Your cart is empty
Important Flu Vaccinaction Update Sep 2020:
The HSE have advised on revised procedures for administration of the Flu Vaccine within Pharmacy settings - inline with COVID safety considerations.
Skin1 Pharmacy regetfully do not have the room to safely administer the Vaccine as per current guidelines.
We are sorry to our customers who had hoped to avail again of our vaccination servce, and we hope to be able to again offer this service in the future.
We recommend contacting your local GP to advise on your Flu Vaccination.
By Appointment only. Cost: Only €20
The HSE is urging people in at-risk groups to get vaccinated against influenza.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for
- persons aged 65 and older
- those with a long term medical condition such as diabetes. heart, kidney, lung or neurological disease
- people whose immune system is impaired due to disease or treatment
- persons with a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
- pregnant women (at any stage in pregnancy)
- residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- people with regular close contact with poultry, water fowl or pigs
- health care workers
Some Flu facts you may not know....
Flu Season lasts from Oct - April.
Strains of the flu virus change every year.
It takes 10-14 days for vaccine to take effect.
The Vaccine helps produce antibodies to fight the flu.
Over 62,000 people availed of the flu vaccine in community pharmacies across Ireland in 2015/2016, an increase of 22% on the previous year.